Saturday, 25 October 2014

Amending existing council tenancies through the Localism Bill

Posted in: Discussion | Legal debate

12/12/2011 1:29 pm

Unsuitable or offensive? Report this discussion

Sort: Newest first | Oldest first





Posts: 11

13/12/2011 12:31 pm

Secure tenancies can be changed; there's a statutory process to follow, including opportunity for consultation.

Unsuitable or offensive? Report this reply



Posts: 35

13/12/2011 9:30 am

It's a more general question as I'm interested to learn just how much the young peoplefrom our social services team will be affected.  My understanding up to now is that you cannot change current tenancies in any way.

Unsuitable or offensive? Report this reply



Posts: 27

12/12/2011 7:36 pm

Its a Tory Government and with Legal Aid nil.  How you going to enforce your rights.  Do you live in Westminster 

Unsuitable or offensive? Report this reply

Rate this topic

  • 1 star out of 5
  • 2 stars out of 5
  • 3 stars out of 5
  • 4 stars out of 5
  • 5 stars out of 5

You must be signed in to rate.

Post a Reply

You must sign in to rate this topic or make a post

sign in register

Why not register?

Registration allows you to sign up for newsletters, comment on articles, add posts in the forums, quiz our panel of experts, and save articles and jobs in the My IH section.

Register now

Newsletter Sign-up

More Newsletters

Most active members

Most recent posts

  • posted Anonymously, 18/10/2014 2:19 pm in L&Q Court of Appeal case

    Leaving aside private /public debte the fact is the EA 2010 makes clear that those that excercise public functions have to comply with PSED ensuring the latter and spirit of the act is fulfilled- get out of this if they can.

  • From Ruth Hall, 24/04/2014 6:14 pm in Can right of way include a ramp for disabled tenant?

    Thanks H4rdwork.  I guess the question is, DO we need the neighbour's agreement, or would we have a right to have a ramp there in order to exercise our right of way -- there is normally a right to use a joint passageway to access your garden.  Accessible properties are really in short supply, so although of course we have kept looking, it is hard to find one that doesn't have this or some other intransigent problem, which is why we thought we should check if we might have a right, as well as obtaining the agreement of the present neighbours.  It's a ...

  • posted Anonymously, 04/04/2014 4:43 pm in mutual exchange

    Thats should of read "children of different sex" not "same" sorry, its been a long day!

  • posted Anonymously, 11/03/2014 10:21 am in Lease extensions

    Step 1 - call the leasehold advisory service, they will talk you through it all for free :).

  • posted Anonymously, 09/01/2014 11:53 pm in Penetrating damp

    P.s I have not yet put this forward to my council and will be going to citizens advice tomorrow. I'm just asking for outside advice at the moment to see whether I actually have a leg to stand on!

  • From sashajade, 03/01/2014 5:28 pm in Rent arrears from 5 years ago

    Can this please be deleted as now sorted.

  • From Mr Webb, 02/10/2013 4:58 pm in Landlords lose grass cutting case.

    The simplest way forward would be for the residents to enter their own tender for the work the next time the contract is reviewed.

  • From Hassel Lee, 23/08/2013 9:20 am in Homelessness Review Legal Limbo

    This is hard to see that homeless people are in numerious and we cannot do anything for them as it straight away needs government attention.

  • From Judge Thread, 03/04/2013 4:17 pm in Stage 1 complaint

    Just write you like to challenge and highlight only what you are challenging and ask to go Second Stage normally you sit down with the Director of the Departmnt with Large Housing Assc. small one' normally the Chief Executive come and vist you in your home

  • From Chris, 02/01/2013 5:34 pm in The Regulators Role

    Possibly - but absence of comment can be more damaging if rumours are flying around. It's a damned if you do and if you don't type situation.

IH Subscription



You will soon need to sign into using your email address rather than your username.

If you are unsure which email address is linked to your account, please Click Here. Your password will remain the same.

If you have a print subscription we need to ensure that we have the correct details in order to link your subscription to your online account, for more information Click Here.

Click Here to close window or press the Esc key.