ADULT SAFEGUARDING IN HOUSING - GOOD PRACTICE
19/03/2012 5:20 pm
(Sorry, made an error with the title just now, not done one of these before!)
I seek good practice examples on the role of housing in adult safeguarding for an article I’ve been asked to write for the Journal of Adult Protection. In particular I would like examples from housing practitioners in relation to:
- Successfully working with residents to raise awareness of adult abuse
- Training of all staff, not just support workers, in adult safeguarding
- Developing a system to enable learning from serious case reviews relevant to housing
- Successfully tackling barriers to working other agencies
- Considering/preparing for the definition (of vulnerable adult) and investigation changes (housing could be given a clearer role in investigations) proposed by the Law Commission
- Using the government’s safeguarding policy statement 2011 to develop and assess your own safeguarding policies, procedures and practices
- Developing new ways of contributing to the adult safeguarding agenda.
Please email email@example.com by mid April with your responses to all or any of these questions - many thanks!