Heather writes news and features for Inside Housing. Her patches include homelessness, supported housing, public land and asylum. She also covers Scotland and the South of England.
- Tel: 020 7772 8362
- Fax: 020 7772 8591
- E-mail: email@example.com
Extending the Right to Buy to housing associations would damage the UK’s public finance position, a leading independent think tank has said.
A group of 15 housing associations is calling on Scottish ministers to carry out a ‘fundamental’ review of the government’s strategy for housing sex offenders.
Edinburgh City Council has approved plans to set up an arm’s-length housing company to kick-start the development of more rented housing.
- New guidelines for social landlords on asbestos
- £224m fuel poverty scheme for Scotland
- Councils breaking law on adaptations
- Nuclear plant could slow house building
- SNP calls for UK target of 100k affordable homes a year
- 47,000 now claiming universal credit
- Landlords could take regulator to court over judgments
With ALMOs having an increasingly blurred definition, Heather Spurr was not surprised to see a council considering the model for managing temporary homelessness accomodation
With the Conservative Party conference taking place in Manchester this week, Heather Spurr compares David Cameron’s homeless election promises and what his government is doing now.
Westminster Council’s payments to families housed in B&Bs for more than six weeks should be a call to action for other local authorities, writes Heather Spurr
- Tipping the balance
- Lost in translation
- Populist message
- Fairness agenda