Heather writes news and features for Inside Housing. Her patches include homelessness, supported housing, public land and asylum. She also covers Scotland and the South of England.
- Tel: 020 7772 8362
- Fax: 020 7772 8591
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More than a third of parents have cut back on food to pay for their housing costs, research from Shelter has shown.
A Policy Exchange report on social housing is heavy on criticism but light on facts, says Heather Spurr
Four Scottish councils have already spent or committed their share of the country’s emergency housing payments for this financial year, official statistics reveal
- Midlothian homes in carbon dioxide risk
- 'National embarrassment' estates need 10-year plan
- Britain's hardest-cutting councils revealed
- Public health expert: 'Extremely harsh' benefit sanctions are causing rising hunger
- Anchor to slash jobs and review services
- Union instigates legal action on overnight payments
- Scottish council house building at 25-year high
With ALMOs having an increasingly blurred definition, Heather Spurr was not surprised to see a council considering the model for managing temporary homelessness accomodation
With the Conservative Party conference taking place in Manchester this week, Heather Spurr compares David Cameron’s homeless election promises and what his government is doing now.
Westminster Council’s payments to families housed in B&Bs for more than six weeks should be a call to action for other local authorities, writes Heather Spurr
- Tipping the balance
- Lost in translation
- Populist message
- Fairness agenda