Heather writes news and features for Inside Housing. Her patches include homelessness, supported housing, public land and asylum. She also covers Scotland and the South of England.
- Tel: 020 7772 8362
- Fax: 020 7772 8591
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Spurr takes us on a journey through the three health stories that defined this year for social landlords
Heather Spurr highlights the most important moments for homelessness of the year just gone
Heather Spurr takes us back over the last 12 months
- Stats blog: The data behind fears for homeless this winter
- Budget cuts leave homeless at mercy of winter weather
- DWP overturns bedroom tax room size judgement
- Households in fuel poverty require 'additional policies'
- Regulator appoints manager for first time after damning report
- Government pilots benefit sanctions scheme for homeless
- Staff at Shelter vote for strike action over pay
With ALMOs having an increasingly blurred definition, Heather Spurr was not surprised to see a council considering the model for managing temporary homelessness accomodation
With the Conservative Party conference taking place in Manchester this week, Heather Spurr compares David Cameron’s homeless election promises and what his government is doing now.
Westminster Council’s payments to families housed in B&Bs for more than six weeks should be a call to action for other local authorities, writes Heather Spurr
- Tipping the balance
- Lost in translation
- Populist message
- Fairness agenda