Heather writes news and features for Inside Housing. Her patches include homelessness, supported housing, public land and asylum. She also covers Scotland and the South of England.
- Tel: 020 7772 8362
- Fax: 020 7772 8591
- E-mail: email@example.com
Unite members at St Mungo’s Broadway ended their seven-day strike on Friday over changes to pay for new staff, following the merger.
Details of £157k payoff come to light as more than 500 staff strike over wages
Scotland’s social housing regulator is being urged to adopt a clearer intervention policy following allegations it has been holding secret and undocumented meetings with landlord board members.
- Homelessness charity staff vote for second round of strikes
- 34,000 sales under Help to Buy
- State of the Nation: Wheatley Group targets £80m surplus by 2019
- Court rules against town hall on council tax scheme
- EXCLUSIVE: £160,000 payout for former homelessness charity chief
- Round-up of our St Mungo's Broadway and Unite dispute coverage
- MP condemns changes to pay for homelessness charity staff
With ALMOs having an increasingly blurred definition, Heather Spurr was not surprised to see a council considering the model for managing temporary homelessness accomodation
With the Conservative Party conference taking place in Manchester this week, Heather Spurr compares David Cameron’s homeless election promises and what his government is doing now.
Westminster Council’s payments to families housed in B&Bs for more than six weeks should be a call to action for other local authorities, writes Heather Spurr
- Tipping the balance
- Lost in translation
- Populist message
- Fairness agenda