Heather writes news and features for Inside Housing. Her patches include homelessness, supported housing, public land and asylum. She also covers Scotland and the South of England.
- Tel: 020 7772 8362
- Fax: 020 7772 8591
- E-mail: email@example.com
Hundreds of thousands of disabled people are feeling hopeless and isolated, trapped in unsuitable housing, academics have found.
The Northern Ireland Executive should include housebuilding targets in its plans for the next five years of government.
The proportion of social housing tenants with rent arrears spiked following the introduction of the bedroom tax, new data reveals.
- Freud orders 'urgent' review into Universal Credit arrears
- Landlords call on May for grant flexibility
- Councils free to decide on Pay to Stay rents
- Large housing association rated 'non-compliant'
- Lenders: Policies not addressing ownership fall
- DWP plans longer-term supported housing exemption
- Shortlist for £2bn regen scheme announced
With ALMOs having an increasingly blurred definition, Heather Spurr was not surprised to see a council considering the model for managing temporary homelessness accomodation
With the Conservative Party conference taking place in Manchester this week, Heather Spurr compares David Cameron’s homeless election promises and what his government is doing now.
Westminster Council’s payments to families housed in B&Bs for more than six weeks should be a call to action for other local authorities, writes Heather Spurr
- Tipping the balance
- Lost in translation
- Populist message
- Fairness agenda