Heather writes news and features for Inside Housing. Her patches include homelessness, supported housing, public land and asylum. She also covers Scotland and the South of England.
- Tel: 020 7772 8362
- Fax: 020 7772 8591
- E-mail: email@example.com
Just 8.6 per cent of Scottish associations think leaving UK would benefit the sector
A housing association has been fined £12,000 for failing to properly vet managers in three of its care homes.
The number of homeless families in England that have been housed outside their borough has risen by nearly 20 per cent in a year.
- Ministers will not force health forums to work with housing
- ECO cuts dilute Scotland’s green targets
- Council to vote on £8m housing upgrade spend
- 'Daft' food handouts ban binned
- Facing up to homelessness and gender
- 'Bleak outlook' for 870,000 living in poverty in Scotland
- CIH: Treasury should forego share of right to buy receipts
With ALMOs having an increasingly blurred definition, Heather Spurr was not surprised to see a council considering the model for managing temporary homelessness accomodation
With the Conservative Party conference taking place in Manchester this week, Heather Spurr compares David Cameron’s homeless election promises and what his government is doing now.
Westminster Council’s payments to families housed in B&Bs for more than six weeks should be a call to action for other local authorities, writes Heather Spurr
- Tipping the balance
- Lost in translation
- Populist message
- Fairness agenda