Heather writes news and features for Inside Housing. Her patches include homelessness, supported housing, public land and asylum. She also covers Scotland and the South of England.
- Tel: 020 7772 8362
- Fax: 020 7772 8591
- E-mail: email@example.com
The social housing regulator has warned that housing associations risk damaging the reputation of the sector if they sell stock inhabited by social tenants.
A new housing benefit cap will apply to existing as well as future supported housing tenants, a senior Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) official has said.
Conversions of homes from social to affordable rent will end under Sadiq Khan’s new housing programme.
- Councils set up land commission
- Axed Genie product set for relaunch
- NI minister pledges swift response in event of reclassification
- 300,000 disabled people 'in unsuitable housing'
- CIH calls for NI housebuilding target
- Arrears spike following bedroom tax
- Freud orders 'urgent' review into Universal Credit arrears
With ALMOs having an increasingly blurred definition, Heather Spurr was not surprised to see a council considering the model for managing temporary homelessness accomodation
With the Conservative Party conference taking place in Manchester this week, Heather Spurr compares David Cameron’s homeless election promises and what his government is doing now.
Westminster Council’s payments to families housed in B&Bs for more than six weeks should be a call to action for other local authorities, writes Heather Spurr
- Tipping the balance
- Lost in translation
- Populist message
- Fairness agenda