We launched this campaign in 2009 to improve the safety of people's homes following a fire in a tower block in Southwark, London, where six people died.
The campaign won the British Society of Editor's award in 2010.
Safe as Houses
A London Fire Brigade investigation is underway after a blaze ripped through five floors of a council’s high-rise block on Friday.
The approach to fire and carbon monoxide safety “varies considerably” among housing associations, with better regulations needed.
On the sixth anniversary of the deadly Lakanal House fire, an Inside Housing investigation finds that only a few councils are following the coroner’s recommendation and retrofitting their tower blocks with sprinklers. Kate Youde reports
Plans to refurbish the south London tower block where six tenants died in a devastating fire five years ago have been outlined.
Southwark gives go-ahead to sprinklers for its most vulnerable residents