Posted by: Leonie Brown05/02/2010
This week I took my training to the slopes. Five things I’ve learned from the snow:
1. A month of marathon training beforehand really helps with those long red runs and the uphill trek back to the chalet.
2. My boyfriend Sam can bounce, which is handy when you’re a beginner snowboarder.
3. Definitely the right decision not to pack the trainers. A foot of snow at resort level on the day we arrived scuppered any potential runs.
4. -18 degrees is really quite cold.
5. Trying to organise a group of 14 to all ski together isn’t really doable, especially when certain people like to take the questionable off-piste route.
Leonie’s run rate
Miles since 1 Jan: 82.4
Snow miles this week: estimates from the group range downwards from 100… More realistically maybe 50, including one 14km beast
Caroline’s run rate
Miles since 1 Jan: 91
Time spent fretting I’m getting another cold: more than is healthy
From Home run
Tracking the progress of Inside Housing staff and others running the London Marathon for the Housing Associations’ Charitable Trust