Could you be housing's Rising Star of 2017? Enter by 17 February
Now in its seventh year, Rising Stars has provided a fantastic platform to highlight the talent and commitment of people working in housing.
Each year, the winning contestant has enjoyed a unique set of experiences and opportunities, from spending a day with a key housing figure to editing an edition of Inside Housing.
Entering is simple - just follow the steps below and submit your entry by 17 February.
Check your eligibility
The competition is designed to recognise and showcase ambitious housing professionals as they begin to progress through their careers. It is open to those who have worked in the housing industry for three years or more. There is no age limit.
Check your CIH membership is up to date - our Rising Star 2017 will be a committed housing professional, so CIH membership is a must!
Prepare your answer to our entry question
Prepare your answers to our entry questions
* Summarise your career in housing (200 words)
* What lessons should housing professionals learn from the past – and how will this help the sector to adapt in the future? (1,000 words)
* Summarise the key attributes of the housing professional of the future (30 words)
Ask your organisation to support you in your application - finalists and the eventual winner are likely to need some time away from the office and may incur some expenses, so you will need to clear this in advance.
Submit your entry to us by 17 February 2017, using the online entry form (see link above)
What happens next?
- Once the closing date passes, Inside Housing and the CIH will collate an initial shortlist.
- The shortlisted entries will go to a panel of high-profile sector judges.
- The judges will select three finalists to go forward - if successful, you will be notified on 8 April.
- The finalists will take part in a range of exciting and interesting tasks between 20 April and 26 May. The three tasks involve a Twitter Q&A, completing an ethics interview with judges and presenting to a group of young people entering the sector. You will also be interviewed by Inside Housing and will be invited to write a blog article.
- During this time, the housing sector will be able to vote online for its favourite finalist.
- The winner will be announced at the Housing Heroes Awards dinner and awards ceremony in Manchester on 26 June, on the eve of the Housing 2017 annual CIH conference and exhibition.
Is there a prize for the winner?
The real prize is the accolade of being crowned the Rising Star 2017, but there is a range of other opportunities that will be made available to the winner. These include:
- Coverage in Inside Housing.
- A free delegate place at CIH Housing 2017.
- A VIP invitation to the CIH presidential dinner 2018.
- The opportunity to be guest editor for an edition of Inside Housing.
- A day shadowing the CIH chief executive.
- A senior mentor for the year.