Social Housing Roadshow - Birmingham
Each roadshow will bring together senior members of the housing, local government and finance communities, providing an unmissable opportunity for an in-depth and informed session on housing finance and funding in your area, and ample opportunity to network and share ideas with peers from across your region.
Issues discussed in 2016 included:
- What Brexit means for the housing markets in the North West, Yorkshire and Midlands and Scotland.
- How funders view your regional and local housing markets post EU referendum.
- A focus on alternative funding solutions, including market-specific solutions - off-balance sheet solutions, joint venture, equity investment. Plus, the role of HA mergers in increasing capacity.
- The role of regeneration and how that can be supported.
Alongside specific content for each region:
- Scotland: affordable delivery targets, new funding structures, appetite for/from capital markets, regulation, governance and drivers for merger.
- England: the role of combined authorities, devolution and LEPS in housing supply and supporting local economic growth.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Simone George, email@example.com
This event is free* of charge to housing associations, local authorities, arms-length management organisations or similar.
A fee of £185 applies to commercial organisations.
*As places are limited if you book and do not cancel a £50 administration charge will be applied post-event.
Headline sponsor View All
09:00 – Registration and networking
09:30 – Chair’s introduction
Luke Cross, editor, Social Housing
09:35 – Welcome address
Cllr Bob Sleigh, Leader, Solihull MBC and Deputy Mayor, West Midlands Combined Authority
Cllr Ranjit Banwait, Leader, Derby City Council
10:00 – Local authority and RPs
Waheed Nazir, Executive director, regeneration, Birmingham City Council
Kevin Rodgers, Chief executive, WM Housing
Suzanne Forster, Group finance director, Orbit
Nick Murphy, Chief executive, Nottingham City Homes
11:15 – Comfort break
11:25 – Funding and regulation
Will Perry, Assistant director – Regulation, HCA
12:40 – Chair’s Summary
12:50 - Close