Housing Moves: our round-up of senior sector appointments in January and February 2019
Inside Housing’s new monthly round-up of top-level housing sector appointments runs down the main senior appointments in the sector for the first two months of 2019
Housing Moves: our round-up of sector appointments so far in 2019 #ukhousing A list of the sector’s senior appointments for January and February 2019 #ukhousing Our new Housing Moves round-up lists 30 senior appointments in #ukhousing in 2019 so far #ukhousing
Housing association senior appointments in January and February 2019
Craig Moule is the new chief executive of Sanctuary Group.
- Craig Moule became chief executive of Sanctuary Group on 1 January, replacing David Bennett. He was previously the association’s chief finance officer.
- Catalyst Housing Group has made several appointments, following the group’s merger with Aldwyck:
- Ian McDermott started as chief executive on 1 January, replacing Rod Cahill. He was previously chief executive of Aldwyck Housing Group.
- Sarah Thomas has been appointed chief operating officer. She joins from The Guinness Partnership, where she was executive director of customer services.
- Tim Jennings will take up the post of executive director of finance; he is currently interim chief executive and executive director of finance for Aldwyck.
- Kath Palmer will start as chief executive at Cadwyn Housing Association on 6 March having previously been executive director of place, policy and stakeholder engagement at Hafod.
- Alan Yates began as deputy chief executive at Accord Housing Association on 1 January, having previously been executive commercial director.
- Mona Shah started as executive director of finance and information at Grand Union Housing Group, having previously been finance director at Sovereign Housing Group.
- Clarion Group announced two appointments to its executive team on 20 February:
- Catrin Jones will be group director of corporate services, having previously been director of customer services.
- Rob Lane is to be group commercial director, having previously been commercial finance director.
- Guy Stovold started as head of homes and wellbeing at Nottingham Community Housing Association on 25 February. He was previously head of housing at Aster.
- Dave Wood will start as director of operations at Cobalt Housing in April. He is currently homes and investment director at First Choice Homes.
- Kevin Hornsby became Ongo’s director of communities on 1 March. He was previously head of tenancy sustainment at Orbit.
- Rosemary Carter started as associate director at Platform Housing Group on 4 February. She was previously associate director regulatory compliance at the The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation.
- Lesley Johnson, the owner of consultancy Johnson Pancucci, become director of property and new business at Phoenix Community Housing in February. She had held the role on an interim basis since October 2017.
- Sophie Bates will move from head of housing to director of housing at Freebridge Community Housing on 1 April.
- Caroline Theodorou started as director of support and care at Estuary Housing on 21 January. She joined from Skills for Care, where she was locality manager.
- Paul Edwards was promoted from chief financial officer to deputy chief executive at CHP on 4 January. Kate Franklin began as housing director on 28 January, having previously worked at Hyde, One Housing Group and North Herts Homes (now Settle).
- Accent Group has made several appointments to its development team:
- Robert Bloom began as sales director on 1 February, having previously been sales and marketing manager at BPHA.
- Steve Morris became land and planning director (south) on 7 January. He had previously been operations director at BPHA’s outright sale arm Bushmead Homes.
- Gary Norman became land and planning director (north) on 7 January. Before the appointment, he was land and development manager at Bushmead Homes.
Council senior appointments in January and February 2019
Nina Davies is the new head of housing at Powys Council
- Sophie Hosking started as chief executive of South Hams District and West Devon Borough Council on 21 February, having previously been its executive director and head of paid service.
- Darren Alexander will start as head of housing strategy and development at Luton Council on 4 March. He was head of housing need at the council before the appointment.
- Martin Reid began a two-year secondment as assistant director of housing at Brighton & Hove City Council on 18 February. He had been the council’s head of housing strategy (property and investment).
- Nina Davies took over as head of housing at Powys Council on 1 March, having formerly been its professional lead countryside access and recreation.
- Sharon Houlden started as corporate director of health, housing and adult social care at City of York Council on 4 February. She joined from Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, where she had been director of adult services and housing.
- Heather Gunn became strategic lead housing operations at Thurrock Council on 1 February, having previously been the council’s housing rents and welfare manager.
Other senior housing appointments in January and February 2019
Lee Sale has been appointed regional managing director for the North West at Lovell
- Matt Walton was announced as development director at Mount Anvil on 5 February, having previously been development director at St James, which is part of the Berkeley Group.
- Lee Sale began as regional managing director for the north-west on 25 February at Lovell. He joined from Jones Homes North West, where he was regional director.
- Martin Hilditch, the longstanding deputy editor of Inside Housing, took over as editor on 18 February.